Activated Walnut & Wild Rocket Pesto
Bruh, I f’ing love pesto. It took me 26 years on this planet to finally make my own and let me tell you- it’s a game changer. Conventionally bought pestos often contain questionable dairy, have been sitting on a self for a decade, or just tastes bland. Not this bad boy. Not only is this the most delicious pesto I’ve ever had the chance to consume, but it’s also filled to the brim with nutrient dense, easy to digest, high quality ingredients. Since learning to make my own pesto (which as you’re about to find out, is the easiest thing ever), I’ve used it almost daily. As a salad dressing, on-top of wild salmon, on zucchini noodles, paired with oven roasted pumpkin, or as a delicious dip for sweet potato fries.
- 4 cups of fresh organic basil
- 4 cups of wild rocket (arugula)
- 1 cup of biodynamic olive oil (do not fuck around with cheap olive oil)
- 1/2 cup organic activated walnuts (learn how to activate your own nuts in the snack section of my recipes)
- 3-4 cloves of organic garlic, raw
- big squeeze of fresh organic lemon juice
- few hefty pinches of sea salt
- few cracks of organic black pepper
- Mix all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor until smooth-ish, then add in olive oil slowly and continue to blend until smoothAF.
- That’s it! Yep, so simple it’s pretty much a crime if you don’t make your own pesto.
Welcome to the #pestolyfe baby, because once you make this green nutritional powerhouse, there is no going back.