Frankincense Honey Face Mask
This incredibly simple face mask has profoundly healing properties and will leave your face feeling supple, moisturized, and rejuvinated. Frankincense is one of my absolute favourite essential oils, and paired with the honey... this combo is pretty much unbeatable. This mask is ideal for all skin types.
Benefits of Raw Honey
draws in moisture
natural antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial agent
loaded with nourishing loaded with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and natural enzymes
Benefits of Frankincense
support healthy cellular function
increase blood flow and circulation
reduce skin discolouration, imperfections, and scars (including sun spots)
promote feelings of wellness and relaxation
suppress proliferation of cancer cells
- 3 tsp of raw organic honey or raw Manuka honey
- 2-3 drops of frankincense essential oil (Boswellia Carterii)
1. Rinse face with warm water
2. Mix the honey with frankincense oil, and then massage into face
3. Leave on for 20-30 minutes and then rinse off using warm water and an organic face cloth
1. The quality of the honey and frankincense are key here. Raw honey still contains active enzymes vitamins, minerals, and glucose oxidase; these healing properties that are destroyed with the pasteurization process. You could up the ante and use raw Manuka honey for an even more healing mask. Frankincense has a few varieties, but Boswellia Carterii is truly the most powerful of them all. It's an expensive oil, but incredibly potent and without a doubt worth the investment.
2. I like to spray some Imortelle (Helichrysum Italicum) floral water on my face before applying my face mask for added healing and nourishing properties.
3. You can make a larger batch and store it in dark glass (I like miron glass) to preserve the integrity.