Medicinal Hot Chocolate 1.0
This hot chocolate is an awesome pre-workout, especially during the colder months. Cordyceps mushrooms have a powerful impact on many of our systems (boosts immune, longevity, controls blood sugar, supports respiratory and liver function..) but shines for me in terms of its ability to boost athletic performance and stamina! Maca also has positive impacts on boosting energy, and mucuna pruriens (a potent source of L-dopa) improves balance, motor skills and coordination, energy and endurance. And lastly, pairing all these things with cacao powder actually enables better absorption for all the other ingredients! Winning combo if you ask me!
Ps. You could also make this hot tonic and pour it on ice for a cold drink in the summer months.
- 1 tbsp of organic cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp mucuna pruriens powder
- 1/2 tsp cordyceps mushroom powder
- 1/4 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp collagen powder
- 2 tbsp organic cacao butter (or organic coconut butter)
- 2 cups of boiling water
1. Put everything in a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds!