Totally Epic Raspberry Reishi Chocolate Cake
This recipe is inspired by a chocolate cake recipe that’s been in my family for as long as I can remember. It was my birthday cake every year growing up, I even remember my parents sent me a whole chocolate cake IN THE F’ING MAIL (identically looking to this one, minus the raspberries) all the way to Montréal for my birthday during my first year of university. I unwrapped a box, and a freshly baked (slightly smooshed) cake was sitting inside (#parentinggoals).
Here is my healthier version of that cake, and also the most insane-looking, epic, drool-worthy chocolate cake you’ve ever seen.
- 2/3 cup organic cocoa pow (or raw cacao)
- 2 1/4 organic GF flour (bob red mills is the business)
- 2 cups organic maple (or coconut) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup freshly squeezed organic orange juice (or coconut milk, milk, or water - I recommend the OJ)
- 3 organic, pasture raised eggs
- 1 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp wild-crafted reishi powder (optional)
FOR THE CAKE:
- Mix all dry ingredients in food processor, add juice + eggs and mix again, then add in coconut oil slowly while the machine is running
- Bake for 55 mins in oiled bunt cake pan
FOR THE GANACHE ICING:
- Chop in food processor 8 oz. of raw organic 100% cacao mass until finely ground
- On the stove, warm up 3/4 cup of raw, organic cream (35%), and then whisk in the caco mass *optional: a few tbsp of maple syrup if you like your stuff sweeter*,
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins until it thickens before frosting the (cooled) cake (this is imperative for ganache icing to stick to the cake)
And finally, top with organic raspberries.