Chocolate (Avocado) Frosting... For Breakfast!
Yes, you read that right. But no, this is not your conventional shit-riddled chocolate frosting. This delicious, creamy, chocolate mouth-dream is full of good fats, collagen (protein), adaptogens, vitamins and minerals and is possibly the yummiest way to start the day. Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please.
Avocados toast has popularized avocado as a breakfast food, just as it should be. Incorporating avocado into your morning is a great way to fuel your day; full of monounsaturated fatty acids and with nearly 20 vitamins and minerals- avocados are often referred to as the world's healthiest food. Swap your toast (high glycemic refined carbohydrates for breakfast = an insulin spike, and an energy crash) for this pot of avocado icing: your hormones will be happy and your energy will be sustained for hours. Oh, and i promise your mouth will be pretty happy too. Pair it with a warm bone-broth based tonic (see recipes for my bone-broth matcha) and you've set your day up for some serious success.
- 2 perfectly ripe organic avocados
- 2 heaped tbsps organic cacao powder (or cocoa, or carob- or a combination)
- 1/2 a can of organic coconut cream (full fat)
- 3 heaped tbsp grass-fed collagen powder
- 1 tsp of organic maca powder
- 1/2 tsp of wildcrafted pine pollen powder
- 1/2 tsp of wildcrafted reishi powder
- 1/2 tsp of organic ceylon cinnamon
- 1 dropper full of chaga tincture
- a pinch of sea salt
- optional: 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup
1. In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides and blend again. You can add extra coconut cream until you reach your desired consistency.
2 . Optional: freeze for 30 minutes for an ice-cream like consistency.
1. When avocados go on sale, I like to match large batches and freeze smaller portions in glass mason jars. Place jar from freezer into the fridge the night before and it'll be ready to eat the next morning.
2. All the adaptogens and even the collagen, are optional. The recipe works with just avocado, cacao, coconut cream, and cinnamon; but all the added ingredients turn this chocolate pudding into a seriously super-human meal.